1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trans issue in a 98 tahoe

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Rodd1, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Rodd1

Rodd1 Member

I got this truck dirt cheap has been sitting do to fuel pump 80,000 miles if you put it in drive it will not go but if you do it manually like my old race car it goes thought the gears fine any idea

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It has every single forward gear (including OD) when shifted manually?

3. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Shifter cable? I'm guessing no OD

4. Rodd1

Rodd1 Member

all gears even downshifts but when you stop you have to start in 2 or 1st

5. Rodd1

Rodd1 Member

I just took to trans shop to rebuild to plow with this is a wierd tahoe lt 2 door with barn doors never seen a 2 door with barn doors

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Going to bet the forward sprag is broken. Not uncommon on a 4L60E and will cause the exact issue you're finding. :nod:

I've seen a few 2 door's that were barn door equipped but they're far and few between. Even more so these days of course.

7. Rodd1

Rodd1 Member

Thats what the trans guy said this thing is clean no rust 86,000 miles thanks b&b missing 2 center caps and door handle is broke easy fix will make a nice driveway rig will have about 3 grand plus have to find a meyer mount for my old meyers classic