1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

trans, and sensor problems

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by DIESELRAM30, Feb 24, 2003.

1. DIESELRAM30

DIESELRAM30 Member

I have a 99 ram 2500hd diesel, the trans hangs up between 2nd and 3rd gear, for about three seconds until i get high in the rpm's, possibly a bad shift sensor or it could be internal, any input on this will help, Second the other day I was driving around 50 mph and 1700 rpm's then the rpm's dropped to 1400 the truck studdered threw an engine light then went back to normal. I checked the code and it said APPS VOLTAGE TO LOW possibly a map sensor or maybe throttle position sensor? Once again any help would be appriciated. Oh yea and sometimes my heat or a/c will not blow out of the vents as hard as it should, the blower motor is running at the right speed but the air coming out is restricted keep in mind this happens occasionally, so any help again would be appriciated. THANKS

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

The APPS sensor is very similar to a TP sensor,and is an accelerator pedal position sensor.It can be recalibrated or reset,which sometimes helps.Pull both batt cables and let it sit for 30 mins.Turn key on,and slowly push pedal to the floor and bring it back up.Turn key off.Start truck and test drive to see if it has helped.

Could have been the TCC locking up to cause the sudden RPM drop.May be caused by the bad APPS.

Hopefully John D will get in here and respond,he is the auto trans GURU :)

3. DIESELRAM30

DIESELRAM30 Member

wyldman thanx for the help at least i know what the apps sensor is now so i'll try it and get back to you thanx

4. wyldman

wyldman Member

If you haven't joined yet,the TDR is another great resource for info pertaining to CTD Rams.Click below.

Turbo Diesel Register