1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tranny Temp

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by MDurling, Nov 1, 2008.

1. MDurling

MDurling Junior Member

I have seen several references to transmission temperatures in different threads. Can someone tell me how and what is required to install tranny temp gauge? I am running 86 W250, what would be normal temp range while plowing? Thanks Mike

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I had a pro install my temp gauge so I can't answer that one but when plowing my transmission will run in the mid to high 100's. It varies depending on what type of snow you're pushing.

3. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

I have one on my w-250. I installed it coming off the trans hot line(before the trans cooler). I just cut the rubber hose put 2 3/8 barbed ends on the sensor block and hose clamped them tight. Then just wire it up. As far as trans temps with heavy snow ill see about 185, but doesn't really get any hotter than that.:salute: