1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tranny temp gauge on

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by green leaf, Jan 25, 2006.

1. green leaf

green leaf Junior Member

I have a 2001 dodge 2500 diesel. last night while driving the transmission temp light would flash on as well as the o/d off light. Both lights would stay on only for 10 seconds and then turn off. They seemed to come on after a bump in the road, I was wondering if there is a loose connection and were it would be?

The truck drove fine, shifting was the same and the fluid level was were it should be and clean. I could drive 10-15 min with out them coming on and then when they were on it was for a very short time. Any reply would be helpful. Thanks-Darren

2. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

sounds like a loose ground wire- potential problem is the OD works by sending a ground pulse to the tranny PCM.... so you could be disengaging and reengaging the OD. (you should drive with it disengaged all the time unless on the highway BTW)

When the tranny overheats the PCM puts it into a limp mode- disengages the OD and lights the tranny light. Are you sure it was not overheating? Are you sure it was from hitting bumps? could be a loose ground wire if from hitting bumps, could be a loose control wire to the PCM, could be loose wire on the tranny temp sensor.'

Start checking all plugs and connections on the tranny and look from groung wires off everywhere. Dealers and mechanics often forget to reconnect them, so if you have had work done recently look there first.