1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tranny question

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by BPK63, Feb 11, 2007.

1. BPK63

BPK63 Senior Member
    from CT

92 Chevy WT 4.3. While looking for an exhaust leak I noticed this line going into the tranny. It goes into this black plug like thing which goes into the tranny. Anyway, this line is so rusted it looks like it's gonna go if I even touch it. Looks like brake line material I would imagine has tranny fluid running through it. Can somebody tell me what it is and I would imagine I should get this replaced asap?

2. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

is it the cooler line??? if so look at the radiator

3. BPK63

BPK63 Senior Member
    from CT

Actually I should mention this is a manual tranny so I don't have a clue at the moment what this line is.

4. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

is it a hydro clutch??

5. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

I am guessing it is a tranny cooler line.Follow it from the tranny to the engine.15 years old I would say she might brake on you.

Let us know where it goes to.

RCGM
    Brad

6. BPK63

BPK63 Senior Member
    from CT

It goes up behind the engine and then I can't see it anymore.

P1010034.JPG

7. BPK63

BPK63 Senior Member
    from CT

Closer shot

P1010031.JPG

8. BOSS550

BOSS550 Senior Member

That looks like the hyd line for your hyd clutch. May want to do something about it unless your good at driving clutchless. Start soaking those fittings with PB Blaster before you start rippin and tearing.

9. LMG Masonry Inc

LMG Masonry Inc Member

Its the hydraulic clutch line. controls the throw out. if it breaks no clutch.
    :cry:

10. BPK63

BPK63 Senior Member
    from CT

That's what I was guessing. Best I could trace it was to the back of the firewall. I guess I will take it in soon to have somebody look at this. Now if anybody had a guess as to what this will cost? Thanks for the replies.

11. BOSS550

BOSS550 Senior Member

No guesses from me. It depends on how well the other rusty stuff cooperates on the disassembly. Get the PB Blaster out and soak soak soak:bluebounc :bluebounc :bluebounc :D

12. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

Pb Blaster is AWESOME best stuff in the world.You better get 2 cans she is pretty rusty down there.

RCGM
    Brad