1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tranny Question....

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by MLI, Dec 12, 2003.

1. MLI

MLI Member
    from Boston

Have a 95 F350 4x4.....auto tranny. Has overdrive on shift. My question is this truck seems to be having trouble shifting from 2nd to 3rd. It has high rpms...and seems to not want to shift up. As I was bringing truck to tranny shop today....truck was shifting better...1st....2nd....3rd. Seems it has a mind of its own. Now in the past Ive had problems with the wireing harness on top of tranny getting gunked with moisture, grime, ice etc. Seems in the past this has caused the tranny to do weird things. Anyone have this experience before?...Im hoping I dont need another tranny(just had it done 10k ago)....any ideas.....thanks!:dizzy:

2. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

How does the fluid look? Is it bright red or dark reddish brown? If it is dark, it is time to replace the fluid. You could clean off the areas around the electrical connectors and make sure the pins (connectors) are not rusty. Maybe apply some di-electric grease on the connectors. This helps keep moisture out.

You didn't mention how many miles were on the truck or if it is a gasser or diesel.

3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

People have had all kinds of trouble with the tranny you have. Might change the fluid and filter and see if that corrects problem.
    The Tranny doesn't hold up to plowing well. I drive Ambulance and we replace one monthly. We have one rebuilt on hand at all times.