1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tranny problems.

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by f250man, Nov 17, 2008.

1. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Hey B&B any help you could lend would be great. My tranny is slipping in drive the fluid level is right and reverse works great and l1 and l2 work but drive is slipping. any ideas?

2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Steve, how many miles are on it?? I think that truck has the E40D in it. Sounds like a band or clutch pack may be going. WHen did you do the fluid change and filter last?? Does the fluid smell burnt?? I had a slight slip issue with my 94 GMC and got that Lucas trans fix stuff. I put one bottle in the transmission and it didnt slip after that. You may wanna try that before dumping some serious $$$$ on a trans. Should be like 10 bucks for a quart at Autozone

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Tons of possible causes...only two cheap and external ones are the MLPS sensor on the shift lever, or its adjustment.

The 4R100's are rather well know for failures of the MLPS....especially in wet condition (such as snow). The MLPS (manual lever postion sensor) tell the PCM what gear you have the shifter in which allows the PCM to adjsut the line pressure...hence the clutch holding ability/

Didn't recently touch the shifter adjustments for any reason did you? That'll cause a slip in hi gear as well if it's partially engaged..

Otherwise it's likely its one of many possibilities internal...a good scanner should narrow it down so you have an idea of whats up.

I think your truck may be rejecting your new plow. :eek:

4. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Rejection hurts....

5. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Thats what I told my buddy that the truck wants the Meyers back. :D

6. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

maybe if you paint the new plow yellow and put a meyers sticker on the truck will accept it. :jester: