1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tranny Problem

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by plowinli, May 5, 2010.

1. plowinli

plowinli Member

I have a 04 2500HD 6.0L 4x4 with a 4L80E tranny that has a delay engaging into gear after shifting into froward or reverse from each other or from park. The delay is much greater going into a forward gear than when shifting into reverse. This all started after my operator overheated the tranny while plowing. I changed the fluid and filter, it was mildly burnt and there was some brownish material on the bottom of the pan but no metal filings on the magnet. We then babied the truck for a month than changed the fluid again and this time the fluid was in great shape but we still have the delay. The delay is not any better or any worse over this time. I have put off going to the local tranny shops as the knock on all of them is no matter what you bring in it is always a rebuild. My question is Does this sound like a simple repair or am I looking at a complete rebuild? I've looked through the site and did a search and have only found problems with going into reverse where my main problem is going into forward. The delay going into reverse is very minor. Any help is appreciated