1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tranny leaking

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by peanut46g, May 29, 2003.

1. peanut46g

peanut46g Member

hey guys I have a muncie transmission that is leaking:mad: . I've never even seen this before, but it is leaking out of the front and coming out of the bell housing onto the floor. It leaks all the time no matter whether it is ran or just parked. It's not the rear seal since it is coming out of the bellhousing obviously. Do you know what I can do? Is it a easy fix? :help: please! Thanks, Dan:drinkup:

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

It's an easy fix,but the tranny must come out.There is a seal on the front input shaft bearing retainer,which prevents fluid from coming out around the input shaft.It could also be the input shaft bearing retainer to case,but you will have to reseal that to replace to other seal.

You may want to have a tranny shop do the seal,because there are lots of little bearings that can fall out when you do,and the endplay should be setup as well.