1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tranny Gauge

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Alaska Tim, Jan 20, 2006.

1. Alaska Tim

Alaska Tim Member
    from Alaska

Anyone ever install a tranny gauge on their plow truck ?? I've got a 2002
    Doge Ram, I bought this cool pillar pod & am thinking on adding the temp gauge, just curious if anyone is using a temp gauge in their work or play.:cool:

2. Alaska Tim

Alaska Tim Member
    from Alaska

I found

some good advise on pg 3, (should of looked a little harder) It does'nt really pertain to a 2002, but good stuff to know. My instruction say to put the sensor in the front servo test port. Is that true ? These instruction are for a Ram diesel, mine's not a diesel. Anyone done this before on a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 series p/u ? Thx

3. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

You will find more info on tranny temps relating to diesels than gassers because the diesel's tend to work the tranny harder- basically it's the same tranny so yeah that should be the same place. Check your tranny cooler lines too- the new ones should have a port in the send line for a temp guage which may be a better place.

4. Alaska Tim

Alaska Tim Member
    from Alaska

Thx

Appreciate the feed back Bud.

5. Alaska Tim

Alaska Tim Member
    from Alaska

Oooops-
    Sorry guys, could not delete.
    (its kicken my @ss):eek: :help:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2006