1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tranny fluid in MM2

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by BlizzardBeater, Nov 20, 2010.

1. BlizzardBeater

BlizzardBeater Senior Member
    from Maine

Hey all,
    I recall reading a post awhile back where a gentleman referred to "red fluid" in his MM2. I remember thinking that there was no way a dealer would do this. Well last night I was in the shop changing the fluids in my plow. Now I bought this MM2 brand new from a fisher dealer and I am the only one who has ever touched it. I grabbed a couple quarts of Fisher Ez-flo and pulled the plug on the resevoir expecting to do a quick drain, resevoir cleaning, and fill. To my surprise dark red tranny fluid came pouring out! I was pissed. I had to completely flush the system. Its good to go now though. Anyone else come across this?

2. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Lots of them out there trying to save a buck.

3. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

first off I wouldn't be back at that dealer. Second, someone from fisher will see this thread and be asking questions

4. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

Ditto the last post, someone at Fisher should hear about this one!

5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Call the big guys upstairs...that's not right!

6. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

This is not what you want to hear but here it is-Fisher RECCOMENDS the use of their EZ Flow fluid,no were have they stated you MUST use it.Some dealers use ATF because believe it or noy your shiney $5k + plow does not include fluid so they try and save a buck,i can name a few around here that do it.In my shop i have never sold/serviced a plow without EZ Flow fluid,it is pricey but i strongly believeit is a quality oil,i could just as easily find something cheaper but i won't.

7. BlizzardBeater

from Maine

That's pretty much what I figured as well. It just really irritates me. They could of given me the option, I would of gladly bought a gallon of Ez-flow.

8. Arc Burn

Totally agree.

9. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

Doesn't it also say NOT to use ATF???

10. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I had ATF in my MM1 SEHP and it worked fine until it got air in it. Then it took forever. Plus when cold the plow would be pretty slow. I use the SAM Blue plow fluid or Fisher brand, it works much better in the cold and rarely gets air/frothy

11. Raconteur

Raconteur Senior Member
    from MA

This thread is incomplete without the dealers name .

12. BlizzardBeater

from Maine

I'm not interested in ruining anybody's name. If anybody is buying a plow in northern maine, PM me and i'll tell you where not to buy it lol. I'm pretty sure it's because I beat them down on the price pretty good, but still like I said I would have bought the Ez-flow fluid for it myself.

13. robertpkerrsr@h

robertpkerrsr@h Member

The first time I changed the fluid in my MM plow the Fisher dealer said why don't you just go to Walmart and get AT fluid and save some money........ I bought the Fisher fluid.

RPK

14. Arc Burn

No,the only real warning they give you is to not mix fluids.Their other suggestion is to use a Mil-Spec fluid MIL-H-5606A,but no were in writing do they demand you use EZ Flow oil.
    Like i said,i'm with you guys,it's the only fluid i use,I would just double check with your dealer and make sure you are getting what you want.

15. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Over the years, I've used both... ATF and the blue stuff... in Westerns and Fishers, straight blades and V's with older style pumps all the way up to the newest design pumps... Little difference to be seen. Just as a plow with ATF moves slower when it's cold, a plow with the blue fluid moves slower when the fliud is well warmed up after a lot of plowing.

Much to do about nothing.....

Anymore, I just pour the ATF in 'em. It's two bucks a quart and I have cases of it on the shelf.

:popcorn: