1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tranny cooler

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jessievw, Feb 1, 2005.

1. jessievw

jessievw Junior Member

I have a new to me 82 gmc k25 with a 6.2 diesel that i put a 8'2" boss v on. I just put in a rebuilt th400 tranny in it. My question is has any one ever used the a.c. cooler in front of the radiator for a tranny cooler? Will this work or should I buy a aux tranny cooler.
    I would also like to put a tranny temp gauge on. Where is the best place to get one . Any other tips?
    Thanks,Tim

2. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

Get a legitimate trany cooler. dont zip tie it or use the stupid zip tie looking things that come with it to attack it directly to the radiator, attach it to the core support or something.

Jegs or napa or anyone. you can use a regular oil temp gauge if you want, just want something that will read up to 275 or so(250 and i would be doing something about it!!!) and down to 100 or so.

3. doug96

doug96 Member

where do you attatch the sensor? whats a simple way to go ?