1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tranny cooler lines 2000 k3500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by abclawns, Jul 17, 2012.

1. abclawns

abclawns Member

My tranny cooler lines are leaking a good amount of fluid. I got the truck up on jacks to inspect and look alittle closer. I cant seem to figure out how to get the lines off of the transmission side. The exhaust runs right along side them and there is not enough room to get my hands in there foget about any tools. Will I have to disconnect the exhaust in order to get these lines out? Does anyone know of a better way to do this.
    thanks

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Pull the heat shield on trans. Now is up to u. Since I have new lines in hand I usually cut/break old lines right around the trans,,,,remember which line goes where....then take wrench and remove line and fitting from trans. Or. You could just buy new fittings at trans and not bother to take off old lines from fittings

3. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Are your lines leaking only at the crimp where the hose meets the solid line? If so,you can leave the solid line in place coming out of the tranny and radiator/cooler and splice in a new section of hose in a number of different ways.Either do a search here or on the Diesel Place to see what you fancy.

4. Kwing1120

Kwing1120 Member

I have a 1999 GMC and then lines are held in place with clips on the tranny end. You pop the clip out and then can pull the lines right out. I ended up unbolting the cross member and using a jack to lower the tail of the transmission a little. that gave me the room i needed to get my hand in.

5. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

I do them all the time I just sneak my hands i there not easy but that how i do them. U use a long 90 deg pick to remove the clips. Installing them can be a pain.