1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trani. Leak

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Wally3128, Jul 11, 2003.

1. Wally3128

Wally3128 Junior Member

1983 1/2 Ton Suburban, 350...
    The boy's 'burban has been sitting in the driveway for about 2 weeks, out of the clear, there is tranismission fluid all under the vehicle. Could the seals have just given way??? What do I need to look for and how do I fix it???
    Thank you

Wally

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

It could be anything.Best to clean it all off,and find out where it's coming from.Pics would help too,if you can.

If it seems to leak when shut off for a while,then it's probably something like a trans pan gasket,output shaft seal,ext housing gasket,or the dipstick tube grommet.

If it leaks more when running,then it may be a convertor seal,trans lines,modulator valve,ect.

Dig into it a little deeper,and post your findings,and we'll get it fixed.

3. Wally3128

Wally3128 Junior Member

Thanks Chris,
    I will try to get it cleaned up today. The vehicle sat for about 2 weeks in the driveway before we notices the BIG puddle under it. We got the mess cleaned up and went on vacation for 2 more weeks. When we got back, another BIG puddle. ????

4. wyldman

wyldman Member

Sounds like a pan gasket,or something.Let me know what you find.

5. Wally3128

Wally3128 Junior Member

Thanks for checking back Chris,
    Had to Get the 96 Luminia running today. Battery cables all corroeded!!! Then had to get the '85 3/4 ton inspected so we can get around while getting the '83 burban back in shape. 104' to day so at 3:00 pm I gave up fixing vehicles. Back to the fire station in the morning for 24 hours, then Monday UNDER THE '83!!! Let you know how goes it!!

Wally