1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trailer warning lights

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by freshsnow, Nov 27, 2013.

1. freshsnow

freshsnow Junior Member
    from 26070

I want to put soundoff n force surface mount lights on my equipment trailer. does anyone on here have lights on there trailers and if so how are they wired in.

1995 f250 7.3 psd
    2013 f550 6.7 psd
    8 ft meyer lot pro
    10 ft boss v plow
    protech pusher box
    salt dog tailgate spreader
    takeuchi tl 240

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Well either a 2nd connector for just the strobes or the 7 pin factory and use the reverse wire

3. freshsnow

freshsnow Junior Member
    from 26070

Never thought about the reverse wire. Thank you

4. dieselss

No bother.....

5. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

There should be a power wire run thru the 7 round trailer plug. You could use that.

6. dieselss

How would he switch it tho? That's why I suggested the rev side.

7. orinicklawncare

orinicklawncare Member

I put a switch box in my tongue box, and ran it from the hot wire on the 7 pin(Black wire).

8. fatheadon1

fatheadon1 Senior Member

im in the process of doing my trailers also. im running a 2nd 4wire trailer harness and taping off the feeds on my trucks for reverse lights and strobes so when i flip the switch for the truck lights the trailer lights will come on as long as the harness is plugged in

9. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

You could switch it at the trailer. Depending on how he uses the trailer it would be fine to just turn it on when he is stopped. Then when he is ready to leave just hit the switch off.

10. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare Senior Member

I have 2 hideways mounted in the rear of the trailers, and 2 on the sides on all 4 trailers. I mounted mine up so they go through the charging port to a switch on the truck using a 7 pin plug as i also have backup lights on them too.

11. FSLC

FSLC Member
    from KC, Mo.

Hi there, i mounted two led strobes on my trailer :mechanic:! I used the trailer frame as my ground and ran a power wire to the front with a separate connector. The ground is on my 7 pin trailer hook up and the power is on a 2 pin hook up. I then spliced into my existing rear amber led strobes on my truck and added the other 2 pin adapter. Its easy fast and effective!