1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trailer Pictures

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by MIDTOWNPC, Apr 19, 2011.

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

Alot of talk going on about trailers and different setups. Thought I would start a thread where people could post pictures of their trailers, setups, new, used, loaded, empty or whatever.

Ive got a deckover dump with a spreader / drop down tailgate and Im looking for some ideas for making up a set of ramps.

CAM Superline 7x14 Deckover Dump, Dual Cylinder Lift, Removable Sides 14 000lb payload. wesport

Actually use it for moving snow at a few condo / apartment buildings. Have a set of sideboards made up and it works well

if anyone has a deckover trailer with ramps I would love to see how long they are and how they are attached

3. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

How does 2-7K axles get you 14,000 lbs payload?
  4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

This is my Dad's 11' Sno-Pro snowmobile trailer. We just haul my 1993 Arctic Cat Jag 440 and my Dad's 1991 Polaris Indy Trail Deluxe. Hopefully there will be a Ski Doo REV in there in a year or two.

This is my Dad's 6.5'x12' ATV/Utility trailer built by Nichols Trailers in Wilton, Maine. We use it to haul my 2004 Arctic Cat 500 and his 2005 Bombardier 400 most of the time. On the front the side rails come off and you use them a ramps to load the front ATV side ways. We also haul alot of fire wood and just alot of other things with it. I will try to get a picture of it with two ATVs on it.

5. Triple L

from Canada

I took my new trailer out for a drive just yesterday for the first time...

One thing I dont think you'll ever regret having someone make you aluminum ramps :drinkup:

I HATE RUST Senior Member
    from PA

my two trailers ,easily payed them off with the amount of work the allow me to do wesport

7. BoyneCityGuy

BoyneCityGuy Senior Member

Triple L,

We have aluminum ramps and pop-up on a deckover goose at the farm I do some work for, they sure are nice for lifting, but after some use are getting pretty bent up from the big skid and such going up and down. Yours look pretty sturdy though, great looking trailer! That thing will make some $$!

no I guess not and this is where Im a little confused.

gvw 16100 then you subtract the unladen (empty) 3770 = 12330
    thats whats on my bill. I havent gone to the trailer sticker but I remember when I bought it they asked me if I wanted it to be something like 9990 for G licence, but Im not going to lie I dont know. so I take back my wesport well maybe just a little sorry boss

9. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

My trailers.

10. Triple L

from Canada

they included a bunch of tongue weight on the gvrw... Which I guess in theory is alright but I still don't believe it is what the sticker should say.... Its capacity which is kinda there but not really at the same time IMO
  11. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Does this trailer count? Its all c-channel, strong as sh!t. Used to be straight (the truck too, and that's the good side and after we straightened the frame) LOL. Been through the war and back. You wouldn't believe me if I told you what all has been drug up on that trailer.

12. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Here's my Speedloader power tilt with winch. I love this one:

13. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Here's one I recently sold, some of you may notice it from being for sale here. Most of what you see, I built or added. There's a lot of custom fabbing on this trailer. If it weren't for the Speedloader above, I'd still have it. It was a very well built trailer:

14. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

h2o why must we be reminded of that trailer.. =[ and your diamond is sweeeeeeet even in its fenderless bedless unrestored state
  15. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Very clean setup. Love the wheels with the dump box.
  16. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Can you haul a skid on that trailer?

I will check the sticker when I go out to the site that we are sweeping and snap a pic see what it says. Comparing trailer weights when you are buying and reading ads is like trying to compare computers :rolleyes: I have D rings inside and can haul my skid but I have only done it 2 times. The ramps I have need to be longer and they weigh a ton. The only reason I loaded it was that both places had a loading hill/ramp that made it easy.
    It puts the skid up pretty high though... I dont know I like it, but I dont really more my skid anymore.
  18. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

I think I posted this elsewhere, but here is my Interstate 10ST. pintle hitch and 6 pin connector. Ramps are VERY heavy and still managed to bend one when the Gehl slid off in the snow. I hate the wood deck and ramps for loading in the rain and snow. Otherwise, the trailer pulls well and can carry a ton. We regularly put 3 pallets of sod on it among many other things like sand and stone.
  19. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Haha I was wondering if you'd see that :)

And thanks, it's going to be underway soon. Finishing up my car and the DT is next (if everything goes according to plan)! Front and rear axle swap from a 99 1 ton, steering and brakes, air ride, and a Cummins. I have basically everything, now just to start on it ;)
  20. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

I take it you already know the answer to that, which I'd guess would be "negative". I'm just curious what the use of a trailer like that would be?