1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

trailer park

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by dodgegmc1213, Oct 8, 2014.

1. dodgegmc1213

dodgegmc1213 PlowSite.com Addict

hey guys just looking at what you guys think of price wise for this trailer park. just straight in and the little side road probably will take 5-10 minutes tops with our f450 and a 9ft blade. this will be per push and salt. we know the guy who did it last year and I guess every few inches they go in and plow I think sometimes he waited till the end of the storm. I don't think they ever had a problem with him doing it that way, he just cant do it this year so he sent it to us. using taskeasy.com it came to 8645 sq ft give or take.
    I figured on $170 per push 2-4" then add another $30 for every 4"? and was thinking around $75 per salt application?, wont take much at all. let me know what you guys think.
    also to mention this would be more as profit then anything, a little for fuel and the little bit of salt we would use.
    thanks guys

knkin.jpg

2. Turf Z

Turf Z Senior Member

Moving to NY, coming over now

3. dodgegmc1213

stay where you are lol my family is ready to leave ny

4. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

If you can get $170 for that do it! I could not get that here. 10-15 min.

5. dodgegmc1213

the guy forgot what he charged he said they are great people and had no problems getting paid, so he gave us there number and said to ask what they paid, so we did and they said "no disrespect but we are not gonna say what we paid" understandable I guess

6. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

That because they want you to bid it for $3.50 per time.

7. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Looks maybe $75 up to 4'' per visit Salt $75

8. dodgegmc1213

i just drove in there real quick with the ford and its alil tight but managable and i think i was deffintly high on price. I did it differently then what i have been doing

9. dodgegmc1213

ok so my father talked to our friend more about it and the driveway on the top of the picture also is included, so we didn't know that

10. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

10 homes in there? 15 bucks per plus the driveway at $20. $170. That is what it would be here..

11. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

X2......If I could get anywhere near that I would be doing cartwheels......payup

12. dodgegmc1213

ok let me up date this with a new picture. it now includes the driveway up top which is either the land lords house or the maintenance guy. so now the sq ft is 11,683 give or take. NO trailer house driveways are included, just the road. our friend said it took about 20 mins each time, he also said that the normal per hour rate around here is around $100. so my father is thinking around $65 per visit, which might not be bad since its a residential place so you would show up more then a commercial place closed at night, just my thought. I priced it at $.01 a sq ft. so $116 but he thinks that's to high. I messed up the price the first time. maybe $80 $85 per visit?

hh.jpg

13. Antlerart06

Sound like you better listen to your father

14. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

$85 is a pittance. Don't lowball yourself. Look at it from the view of service provided. 11 homes plowed out for $85? No no no no no. $15 each trailer and $40 for the two drive home up top.
    @ $85, after subtracting payroll, travel time, fuel, etc you will make $50 to plow 11 homes out.
    I also see a lot of carry time involved when the trailers and cars are within a foot of the roadway...

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
  15. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

whew , that's a bargain . :dizzy:
    I think your leaving a bit of coin on the table there. JMO
    75 for salt ? no markup ?

id figure on 35.00 a trailer each visit . iv been known to" figer "wrong though beins a trailer park .:jester:

no , really dude , approach that badboy seriously .

16. dodgegmc1213

ok so some of you are pricing per house..is that including the driveways?? its just one push in, once push out, maybe 5 small pushes in the back, 1 push on the side road (which is really really small) then 3 or 4 pushes on the top driveway. most storms is more then 1 push so its not just $85 a storm, it adds up in a storm so 2 pushes its up to the $170. again this would be all profit maybe $10 in fuel since the truck would pass this site going to another. plus not to mention there's another trailer park a stone throw away that would be per push also we could do (same owner) I cant get a picture of that one to many trees hiding it. as far as salt goes $75 is good, this site and the other one would most likely pay for a yard of salt while only using a 1/4 of the yard if that per storm.

17. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

X2........
    Since you're already driving by you're not out travel time or fuel to get there, add the second trailer park on top of that and you have a nice little account.

BTW I find it very hard to understand how you buddy that plowed it last year has no idea of what he charged. I'd have to think he'd have records of what he invoiced out unless he was doing under the table and being paid cash, even with that scenario I'd have to think he'd remember.

18. Antlerart06

Thats what I didn't get He11 I can remember what the prices was on lots 10 years ago I did them for

I say his buddy works for someone and his buddy doesn't know the price just know how long it takes Way it sounds

Same way the OP trying to act like he runs the business But its his father has the last word

19. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Either scenario, 15minute's, a couple hundred pounds of bulk for $65-75 per push is a pretty nice gig IMO when you're already driving by. But I'm not looking at a $745.00 a month pick up payment.......

I'm well into my 50's and certain topics my 86yr old dad still try's to have the last word........:laughing:

20. dodgegmc1213

He only did the places for 1 year and said he had no record, must a been a hand shake deal.

and I do act like I own the business, it will be mine one day, he always comes to me on things like this asking my opinion, I dont always agree to his way of doing things or how he prices things, thats why im trying to price this as high as I can, I wanna see him actually have a profit for once, we've never priced per push before always seasonal so I asked you guys for advice. And thanks for the advice so far