1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

trailer doors

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by n y snow pros, May 14, 2000.

1. n y snow pros

n y snow pros Senior Member

Can anyone tell me of another way of clearing open trailer bays between parked trailers besides using a pull plow? I am just trying to find out if there are any other options in addition to using a pull plow.We are going to quote a site with 980 trailer doors.<p>----------<br>J PARKER<br>914-485-4200

2. firedog

firedog Member
    from midwest

john how long are they, normal semi trailers?. we have a lot like this a use a plow and back drag, loader bucket or a skidsteer. We only do about 20-25 so its not bad this way and theres no additional cost for the plow. The thing I don't like about the pull plow is they stick out too far in the rear. Are these docks or flat space? Rob

3. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

John you should sell them on an auto spray deicing system that will leave the doors open 24-7<br>That way you skip having to plow them, and still sell the magic.<br>Dino

4. n y snow pros

sorry it took so long to get back to this topic.There are about 600 trailer doors so back blading would be tidious,and dino i havent figured out how to design a system for anti-icing that big yet,but it crossed my mind.any other suggestions?<p>----------<br>J PARKER<br>914-485-4200

5. Deere John

Deere John Senior Member

Hi - checked in to the site and I will offer my two cents worth. I would consider using a landscape-type back box on a Case 580-size machine. The down pressure and industrial construction would help alot. A quick coupler would allow you to change to a wide push box once out of the narrow rows to get rid of the piles. <br> If this is a multi-year contract, you can look at more capital-based equipment. Custom attachments/onsite equipment or the above-mentioned de-icing equipment. I have no experience with de-icing, so no advice to offer here. Regards,<p>----------<br>JWM<br>

6. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

John, I tried to e-mail you but got an invalid address return when I sent to the address you listed in your profile. Would you please check that it is correct.<p>Thanks<br>Alan Nadeau

7. Deere John

Deere John Senior Member

Hi Alan - I checked and updated my profile - I made a typo. The new address will work. Thanks, <p>----------<br>John<br>

8. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

Oops,, wrong John,, I was trying to catch the attention of John Parker.

9. n y snow pros

Alan my web address is mulchtyson@aol.com and i use our bus name on this site but its presently not a web address.I thought you were asking the other John too. Hope to here from you soon. John<p>----------<br>J PARKER<br>914-485-4200