1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trailer Coupler ?'s

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by wishingtoplow, Dec 12, 2007.

1. wishingtoplow

wishingtoplow Member
    from Pa

I have this coupler on this homemade trailer I bought. I have put alot of money into this trailer, and this coupler is keeping me from using it. I bought a coupler repair kit thinking this would solve the problem but it didnt. the original coupler had a straight flat peice of medal going from the hitch down to the semicircle peice that holds in the ball. Does anyone know where i can get a coupler kit for this, or any ideas how to repair it cheap?

trailer coupler.jpg

2. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

cut it flat weld some support to it bolt a pintel hitch to it and tada but to be honest i would just replace it better safe then sorry thing jumps put and goes right threw ur gate no thanks.

3. wishingtoplow

wishingtoplow Member
    from Pa

have been thinking real hard about the pintel setup