1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trailer Brake controller

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by GMC99, Jun 11, 2003.

1. GMC99

GMC99 Senior Member
    from 60188

Does anybody know where the harness/connector is to hook up a trailer brake controller inside the truck? I've got a 2002 2500 with the trailering package.

Any help would be great THANKS!:confused:

2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Mine was in my glove box,along with a 7-to 4 pin adapter.there was a 4 pin connector,that plugged in under the dash right next to the parking brake assy. It was easy to hook up.

3. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

John is right. I just installed a controller in a Dodge and the harness is right at the parking brake assembly.

4. wyldman

wyldman Member

Be careful when wiring it up.The colors on the Dodge harness aren't the same as the ones on the brake controller,read the instructions,and double check before plugging it in.

5. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

If you haven't bought your controller yet, I'd recommend you look at the Jordan unit. It has a cable that attaches to the brake pedal that allows proportional braking to the trailer. Works great!

Jordan Brake Controller

Came across this link, might help you out:Dodge Installation

Last edited: Jun 12, 2003