1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Traffic Overwhelming - New Server Time at PlowSite.com!

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Sean Adams, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Sean Adams

Sean Adams Member

Hello Everyone,

I know that the site has had its slow moments, and we genuinely apologize for that. Fact is, the traffic and use of PlowSite.com has been overwhelming to the point where our server right now just can't handle it.

So it is time to upgrade to a bigger and faster and more capable machine. This will take a little bit of time but I assure you, we are on it.

Thanks for your patience and thanks for making PlowSite.com the most active snow & ice professional site in existence!

2. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

thanks Sean!!!!

3. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

8:42 pm - 9:11pm i had a server busy ...do you gys still need reports of downtimes?

4. TLB

TLB Senior Member

I haven't had a problen getting on yet, but others have.

Thanks for letting us know that a fix is on the way!

5. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

ur lucky everynight about 9 i can no longer get anywhere so i just get off and walk away befor i get mad. my computer cant take any more abuse

6. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

I was having problems with server to busy but problem has gone away.
    Thanks for upgrading you equipment

7. KINNCO

KINNCO Senior Member

just curious how much space you need to operate this board.

8. Sno Biz

Sno Biz Member
    from Chicago

Any future plans to add "CHAT" to this site?

9. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

No, we do not have any plans to add a chat to the site

10. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

Why all the google ads all over the place between posts? Wouldn't that be adding to the server problem? It feels cluttered up in here. :) Next thing ya know, we'll be dealing with pop ups all over the site. YUKE, I think you need to ditch the ads all over the place and put them in one place. .02 thanks

Also, I've noticed that every time I make a post, it acts like it didn't load and says done at the bottom even though it's trying to load my post. If I close the window and re-open, it shows the post. If I make a post, it doesn't want to take me to it rather just shows a blank page. Kinda weird, it just started doing this today.

11. Schwinn68

Schwinn68 Senior Member

I had the same thing happen last night. I ended up double posting because of this

12. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

you double poster!!!!!!:D

13. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

what no chat ? :confused: but then we could talk about the server problems easier:D

14. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

Dragging this one back up :dizzy:

Starting to get busy around here again. Last night, I couldn't get on here to save my life. The upper ad for the sectional snowplow would come up, but nothing after that for several minutes. Tried a few times, but no luck.

Heavy traffic ahead...

15. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

I am noticing longer times as well.

16. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

Tween 8-11pm eastern its been wicked. Thought it was my computer lagging. lol

17. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Maybe we could get the arrow back delay fixed also.

18. duekster

duekster Junior Member
    from Texas

Is this done yet cause I found a thread earlier and the search is not finding it.

19. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

Has anyone else had problems with the board being very slow the last couple of nights?

20. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

yep last night