1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Traffic Advisers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bassmaster, Nov 17, 2002.

1. bassmaster

bassmaster Junior Member

Just wondering if any of you guys have a Traffic Adviser mounted on your truck? :D
  2. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

I have one in my truck, i mounted it against the bench seat facing against the rear window. I paid $50 for a used arrow stick, and $50 for a brand new whelen arrowstick controller.

It works pretty good, i don't use it a lot though.

3. JML

JML PlowSite.com Veteran

I have one mounted in the top of the rear window in my expedition..
  4. ultimate lawns

ultimate lawns Member

I used to have one mounted to my Back Rack but tool it off and sold it because i did nothave much use for it. I had a fed sig
    8 lamp. Not really handy with snowplowing unless your using the flash pattern of it or pulling someone out of a ditch with a left or right arrow going.

ultimate lawns and more,
  5. NNJSnow

NNJSnow Senior Member

I would say arrow sticks are mostly used for construction zones and lane closings. Basically contruction on roadways. Snowplowing it can be used in the flash pattern but otherwise, unless your plan on closing off partial roadways etc. there isn't much use for it.