1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trading my plow in on a...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 1BadHawk, Jan 29, 2006.

1. 1BadHawk

1BadHawk Member

With all the rain we've had this winter I think im just gonna trade my plow in on a giant squeegee. This is rediculous.

2. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

Please do, then it will snow like crazy

3. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

This is Maryland , some years are good and some are bad . Plowing in Maryland is not something to rely on .

4. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

rubber edge

dont trade it in just make it work for you add rubber edge:dizzy: Outside the box...

5. 1BadHawk

1BadHawk Member

Im from Chicago originaly so I know what winters should be like. When I moved out here 12 years ago I realised some winters wore better than others, (if you want snow) but this is rediculous.

Even talking with people who have lived here all their lives, for most of them, they cant remember the last time it never snowed. Not to mention, 50+ degree temperatures.

I guess if its not going to snow, then warmer temps are a fair trade off, especially with the increase in heating costs.

oh well... guess Ill get them mowers back out. :)

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I never put the Golf clubs away:cool: But hang in there, Febuary and March often bring our biggest storms.

7. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Same here. I am from NJ but grew up in Chicago and Boston. When we moved in everyone told us is snows like a bat out of hell around here, and it drifts real bad. (the drifting part is true when it does snows:realmad: )

I think its because I spend $52,000 for new snow removel equipment this year. Everything except the JD110 and the Kubota (minius the cab) I bought this year. Made back a whole 1/92 of my investment so far.