1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trading in my Ford!

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by The Boss, Nov 7, 2003.

1. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Hello fellow plowsiters!:D

I'm going to trade in my Ford on a chevy but I can't find a 3/4 ton extended cab shortbed anywhere near me! Anyone have any suggestions of dealers around my area(up to 250 miles)

I have a 99 F250 Superduty, Super cab, 4x4, powerstroke diesel, 8' box, remote start, keyless entry, rhino liner, Banks exhaust, intake, and shift kit. 52,00 miles

Thanks for any help:)

2. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

I am in northwest Indiana, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours away from you. Here in Highland, IN there is a dealership called Christenson Chevy. I saw a couple / ton ext cab small box the other day. I will be driving by in an hour. I will post my findings when I get back.

Cheers,

3. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

I saw three out there. Can't remember colors or any of that "important" stuff. I have to go back that way again. If I gat a chance, I will post any findngs in greater detail.

P.s. Why are you moving from Ford to Chevy? Just curious.

4. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Because he just recently became a smart man. :D :D Mike :drinkup:

5. The Boss

Plowmeister and Mike 97, here's the story...............

Two years ago I flew out to Castle Rock Colorado where my dad lives on the idea of buying a truck(Chevy). I bought a brand new 2001 Chevy 2500HD with everything(leather, onstar, 4x4, etc.)
    I drove it home, put a brand new Boss plow on it(which I still have)and was very happy. Then everything started going bad on it:( Rearend, motor was knocking, onstar quit, transmission was slipping)
    So I traded it in on my current truck after the warranty ran out. Now I'm going to get another chevy.I've allways been a chevy man, don't know what I was thinking when I got rid of my other one?
    Anyway, I really appreciate your responses. Plowmeister, thanks for the info! Please let me know if you see anything worth while.
    Thanks!
    Mike, your response was good too!:waving:

6. Foxfire

Foxfire Senior Member

Trade a Ford for a Chevy ????

O.M.G WHY ???????????????????????????????????????

7. psdiesel24

psdiesel24 Member

What are u thinking ford for a chevy, why are you doing this. Are you going with gas or diesel in the chevy.

8. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

I thought about a new F250 this year. I decided to wait because my 93 F150 has many more years left and I will use my money on something else. A buddy of mine said I should look at a Chevy. I had a long hard talk with that boy to straighten him out!

9. The Boss

The main reason I'm getting rid of my Ford is because it's too long. Extended cab, long bed. It's a diesel so i'm going to miss the power but I don't really need that much motor. It's a 99 but it only has 52,000 on it. Great truck but I'm going to try chevy again. Sorry to disappoint you guys. Nothing against Ford.:)

10. FSUPERDUTY

FSUPERDUTY Senior Member

I have a 2003 gmc with a duramax allison extra cab shortie 5200 miles loaded sle package.I have a boss plow on it that i haven't plowed with yet.my plans have changed if you wan't to e-mail me direct we can talk or i will call you ?I only live 2 1/2 hours from you spencza@aol.comP.S.i do plan on keeping the plow!

11. HD61CUIN

HD61CUIN Senior Member

Hey Boss got any pics of your Ford? I am looking to get one like that. I was not looking at a 8' bed but I may install a tool box in the back which leaves me with a 6'. If you trade it in let me know where.

12. The Boss

Hey Hd, sorry, I don't have a digital camera to take pictures of it. Check out my post under used plowing and truck equipment. It's called 99 Ford f250(take over payments) If you want, send me an im. My screen name is dakkotahhh. Otherwise my email id dakkotahhh@aol.com. I'll be online for awhile. Thanks.

13. rewoodworking

rewoodworking Senior Member

why a chevy over ford
    bad steering radios for one ,if i wanted a rough ride i would buy a horse not to mention they have a lot of bells and whistles that ford wont part with yet

i am a chevy / gmc man and i tryed a 2002 ford larit and got rid of it in three month's

sorry guys if you try a chevy you most likely wont go back:) :) :drinkup: :drinkup:

Last edited: Dec 22, 2003
  14. HD61CUIN

HD61CUIN Senior Member

Yea I would go back to the service dept though

15. rewoodworking

rewoodworking Senior Member

i did when i had the ford and they told me that is the way the truck is:) :) :gunsfiring:

16. juggernaut

juggernaut Member

You know what they say, C.H.E.V.R.O.L.E.T.,
    Cheap
    Heap
    Every
    Valve
    Rattles
    Oil
    Leaks
    Every
    Time

17. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

PLYMOUTH
    Please
    Leave
    Your
    Money
    Under
    The Hood

And I'm a Mopar guy!

18. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

F.O.R.D.

First
    On
    Race
    Day

!!!!!!;) :nod:

19. JMR

JMR Senior Member

FORD

F $%^*ING
    O ld
    R ebuilt
    D odge

20. juggernaut

juggernaut Member

To the best of your knowledge at the time, what seemed to be the problem with your Ford, rewoodworking? I will have to agree though about the service. In my area, at least, the GM dealer is far more helpful, parts dept wise. You go to Chevy, buy an everyday product like top engine cleaner (which is good stuff smokes like hell works great) and they are helpful, they tell you how to use it and what makes it work better by using it in such and such a way. I go to an equally large Ford dealership: the guys at the counter are moping around and looking at you like god ****** heres another customer! Then they take twenty minutes to go get the part (like an oil filter). Even if it is an obscure part they tell you nothing about it (god forbid they know what theyre talking about). Also their service dept cannot even talk with you unless you bring your vehicle in and drop it off. "Theyll look at it" thats a good joke (kind of like the PA state joke, the "Men at Work" sign). Anyways I dont want to pay $26.50 (its per concern on the reciept) for them to tell me nothing.:angry: You know, this type of stuff counts when you buy a vehicle, at least for me it does. But Ill stick with my Ford, though, and go to a different dealership. :D