1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Traded my dirtbike for this!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by guitargeek3000, Jan 5, 2010.

1. guitargeek3000

guitargeek3000 Junior Member

Traded my 1990 Yamaha Enduro for this 84' Dodge W150 with 7.5ft Meyer plow.
    Then I bought the salter on the back with speed controller and wiring harness for $100 on craigslist.

Chalk up around $900 in parts to completely redo everything with the brake system from the master on, general tune-up parts, new battery, oil change, the magnetic signs, the rotor light, back up lights, seat cover, some spray paint, new hydro fluid, and license plates.

I got myself a great running money maker!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Nice score! Love the old body Dodges!

3. cpsnowremoval

cpsnowremoval Senior Member

one good storm you should make that 900 back

4. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

why is it leaning to one side broken shakle? those old dodges make great plow trucks i had a 84 250 and a 88 250 and they were great, never gave me an problems except for the meyers end of it :gunsfiring:

5. Old Red Mopar

Old Red Mopar Junior Member

That's a good find ! I'm a fan of old Dodge...

6. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Its called "the Dodge lean", SUPER common in the old body style Dodges (73-93), there's MANY theories for why they do this, I've heard many ideas some strange some make sense... I've heard "well its cuz the gas tank is on the driver side" (they are on pretty much all brands of trucks and they don't lean) one of the reasons most of mine leaned a little to the driver side is cuz the core supports always rot out on the driver side body mount, the battery acid making its way down to the mount rots them out over time and it sags the whole corner of the truck... Seems even ones without core support rust or body mount issues still lean a little sometimes... Not 100% sure if its something in the spring pack(s) or not but that doesn't make much sense seeing as how the springs are the same left and right sides, so both sides would lean then... but sometimes the springpacks seem to be the only logical explanation...

www.ramchargercentral.com is a great forum for 73-93 Dodge trucks and RamChargers...

7. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, that should be a good money maker for you.

8. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Great trade. I had an '87 250 with a 318 and it was one of my my best plow trucks. It had a 8ft. Western and it didn't even know it was there. Good luck!

9. F-SERIES BEAST

F-SERIES BEAST Member

Now thats a good trade, the old dodges are awesome, with a little TLC. I agree one storm you can definitely get your 900 back and some.

10. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer Senior Member

I'll trade you my Huffy for the truck! :laughing: Looks good!

11. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

just like in nascar, dodges are set up like this for high speed left turns when plowing:nod:

nice deal if ya ask me,doesnt have to be pretty to be a money maker,good luck with it :drinkup:

12. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

Wow great trade! You can make enough over the season to buy back your enduro! lol I would throw some straps on that salter, especially if you intend to fill it. Definitely a sweet old Dodge.

13. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Good deal

Should be last long if you keep rust from grow.

14. guitargeek3000

guitargeek3000 Junior Member

Thanks for the props everyone. I'm just hoping for more snow so I can make some cash back!