1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Traded in the Colorado....

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Stik208, May 9, 2011.

1. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Hello all,
    I traded in my 05 Colorado with the Fisher HT on it about a week and half ago. I outgrew it with the family. I was looking for a while and finally came up with this 07 GMC Sierra SLE Z71 Crew Cab. It has just under 60k, and a 5.3 V8. I love the room and power, I will not be plowing with it I will continue to work for the Landscaping company. I plan on putting a nice tonneau cover on it, as well as AVS vent visors and roll in bed liner ($90 compared to $600 for Line-X). Well here it is after Dawn wash, Mothers Clay Bar, Dawn wash/rinse, Optimum Spray Polish with Porter Cable 7424XP, and finally Formula 113 wax with same buffer.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 9, 2011
  2. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

nice truck but just warning you from experience theres a very good reason that bedliners 90 dollars.....

3. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Nice new toy stik! Quick question, whats Mothers Clay bar? Whats it used for?

4. Stik208

Removes garbage adhered to the clearcoat, tar, overspray, road grime etc. Leaves the paint silky smooth.

5. kevlars

kevlars Senior Member

A clay bar is an amazing, yet simple detail tool!! I use one quite often.

kevlars

6. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

please do NOT do the "home roll in bed liner". Get the line-x and be done with it forever.

7. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Nice truck! Agreed on the bedliner issue....the linex is worth the money!

8. jgsxr750

jgsxr750 Member

get the pray in bed liner. i had the rhino liner and loved it. had one some issue and the dealer fixed it for free. they are well worth the money.

9. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice truck. I'm suprised you didn't keep your HT to put on this truck. I also think you should get a Line-X bed liner instead of doing it your self.

10. Stik208

It would have cost $1500 to swap it over, and I only used it on my 50 ft driveway.

11. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Ya, I don't blame you for not swaping it over. My uncle just bought a new 2011 GMC 2500HD and he thought about swaping his 5 or 6 year old 8' Boss trip edge from his 2003 Dodge 2500 to his new 2011 GMC 2500HD but, he said it's not worth it so he is just going to buy a new plow. What are you going to plow your driveway with now?

12. Stik208

I am hoping to move around the route that I plow and hit it with the company truck. :)

13. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Nice truck. When you are shopping for parts and accessories, tell them it's an 08.

14. Stik208

Good point, as to not be confused with the Classic.Thumbs Up

15. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Nice rig, from experience, I also know the do it yourself liner is a total POS and waste of time... I bought my truck with it already done so I didnt have much of a choice.... Line-X is worth every penny... and its only gonna cost you more when they have to blast your old bedliner (or whats left of it) out and line X it and do it right...

16. Stik208

I washed and waxed it yesterday, I have not put any accessories on it yet either such as leveling kit, tonneau cover etc. I was contemplating at least setting the truckside up for a plow but cant come up with any good prices on anything. Next is a transmission flush at 75k, along with some more Mobil 1. I plan on doing the plugs, coolant, diffs and t case at 100k. Here is another question, how much work/plowing can one of these GMT-900s handle? Say if I were able to get a Fisher SD or something similar.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  17. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

I used the raptor bedliner kit 2 times so far. I think it is great. Its not a roll kit. You still have to spray it. To get a nice thick coat i would buy 2 kits.

18. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

You have been bit by the plow bug again :D

19. Stik208

I kick myself for trading in the HT but it is what it is ($1500 was a little high at the time for the swap) I still have a job plowing which is a plus. I have been really thinking about doing some driveways again but the insurance and added stress of big snows on myself may not equal out.

20. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

There is something about having your own equipment. Once you have a plow it is hard to go without it. I just have a few driveways but I really enjoy plowing. Some of the big storms make me sick of plowing for awhile but I am always excited about the next storm.