1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trade Snoway Plow for Meyers Blade

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by mjm0725, Oct 27, 2005.

1. mjm0725

mjm0725 Junior Member
    from NJ

Hello all I'm looking to trade a 7 1/2 snoway plow setup everything except for mounting carton. For a meyers 7 1/2 or 8' blade in decent shape with A-Frame. My blade is starting to crack and rust through. I'm starting to see daylight through it.

Thanks,
    You can e-mail me at debdan725@patmedia.net or PM

I'm in NJ and can travel alittle ways.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2005
  2. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

I have a Meyers 7.5 blade assembly with a-frame and power angle cylinders. I would take that deal. Feel free to come by and chek it out in North Bergen NJ 07047. Call me at 201-336-6860.

3. mjm0725

mjm0725 Junior Member
    from NJ

Hello Plowman,

Wondering what kind of condition it is in before I take the ride up your about an hour to hour and half from me? If you have any pics that would be great I can take some pics if you would like.

Thanks,
    Dan

4. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

I don't have a digital camera yet, hopefully for Christmas! The blade is in good shape and so are the a-frame, carriage, and springs. They have some surface rust but nothing major. The cylinders have some rust near the ends but could probably be cleaned up with some steel wool or emery cloth. The hoses are all there. I don't have the pump or truck side of the setup so I really have no use for this unit now, and I know a few friends that want complete setups so yours would be closer than mine to give to them.

I am around most evenings if you want to drop by and take a look...come up in something economical, like a motorcycle or small car and bring some pics of yours and check mine out. Bring your wife or girl and we could grab a bite to eat and then set something up for the weekend to make the swap. Lots of good resturaunts up here!

Just an idea...