1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trade Controllers? Brand new Joystick (part#56369) for Handheld (part#56462)

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by growitmowitlawn, Jan 4, 2010.

1. growitmowitlawn

growitmowitlawn Member

Looking to trade someone for a handheld. I have a MVP but a straight blade as a backup. I don't want to have to mount the joystick if I have to use the SB. I have the adapter and would like to just have a handheld now for the SB also. Would make life a lot easier. Let me know if anyone is interested.

The joystick is brand new, I hooked it up with the adapter to make sure it would work but now its in the box. Comes with all the mounting hardware and the original box.

2. Clevername

Clevername Member
    from Indiana

Where are you located.....

3. growitmowitlawn

growitmowitlawn Member

Big Rapids (49307) exit #142 off of US-131...

4. Clevername

Clevername Member
    from Indiana

Okay....

That may work. I live North East of GR. So your only 45 minutes away....

I have been thinking about swapping out my hand held for a joystick - but I hve never used a joystick (first year plowing).....

It seems to me that a joy stick would work better for my application but I am just unsure having never used one before.....

5. growitmowitlawn

growitmowitlawn Member

I actually prefer the joystick for straight blades, you can actually shake the plow to get snow off of it. I also like having it mounted, you don't have to fumble around to try and find the controller like with a handheld. I use joysticks for all my other trucks(all have straightblades) this is the first year of having a V-plow. I like the plow but a handheld takes time to get use to.

PM me and let me know or just to discuss it more.