1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trade: Boat For Plow Truck

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by DeereFarmer, May 19, 2008.

1. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

It's time for me to get back into the commercial plowing game. I sat out last year and only plowed with my tractor and now it's time to buy another truck and get back into it. I already have the itch and it isn't spring yet. I'm going to be selling my boat, so I thought I'd take a stab in the dark and post here for a trade:

2005 Sylvan Striker 16’ aluminum boat with 30 HP Yamaha 4 Stroke engine and LoadRite trailer. The boat, motor, and trailer are in mint shape. Under 30 hours of total use. Not a dent or scratch on the entire boat. Serviced every fall and spring by dealer. Never moored. Boat and trailer were washed after every use. Engine was flushed after every use. Needs nothing. Comes with some extras. Can run it for you at my house. $11,000 new.

What I want: Looking for a 3/4 or one ton GM, Dodge, or Ford (in that order!) regular cab long bed. Must be 4WD with a plow (prefer 8' Fisher), CD player, and heat. Everything else is just icing on the cake. Basically let me know what you have and we can go from there. If the truck is worth more than the boat I have cash to make up the difference. Thanks.

1.JPG

2. DeereFarmer

Picture #2

2.JPG

3. DeereFarmer

Last pic for here. I have some more if anyone wants to see them. Just don't want to plaster Plowsite with boat pics.

3.JPG

4. Focker

Focker Member

I dont need a boat but I am selling my 06 Ford F250 reg cab, long bed, 5.4 V8, XLT, 23K miles, power everything, 7.5' Western Ultra Mount. I am going to trade the truck in because I didnt think anyone would buy it with the crappy market, PM me or give me a call if you might be interested! Not sure if you were looking for something that new or not, its an awesome plow truck, I've just lost interest in plowing and need a more fuel efficient vehicle for a daily driver! My # is 248-756-5666

5. DeereFarmer

I would be interested, but that's probably too new for me, and you live far away lol.

6. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

What happened to your Ford with the V 10? When did you get the Dodge? Just asking, good luck with your search.

7. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

boat

yes that would be a wise move ,boat's and motor home's are money pit's you just chuck your money in that deep hole and can hardly get any back out ,you can drive the truck all the time ,good luck .

8. DeereFarmer

Bought the Dakota off my dad in August and love it. Sold him the V10 last month, then he got tired of the gas and traded it tonight for a car :( It was too long to plow with anyway.

Any recreation vehicl is a "money pit". This boat is nearly brand new. Only maitenance that it requires are plugs in the spring (not needed, but i do it anyway, well worth the $6), the oil, and gas. That's it. Pretty cheap to run. $15 can run the boat for a full day.

9. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

How did you change your name but keep the same profile and post count?

10. DeereFarmer

I just posted a thread in the announcement and help forum. It's at the top of the main page. Charles switched it for me. Boat is long gone by the way!