1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

trade 9' for 8' or 7.5' meyers

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by hcr400ex, Aug 18, 2006.

1. hcr400ex

hcr400ex Junior Member

I just bought a 1999 dodge ram that came with a meyers c9 plow. I was wondering if anyone would want to trade straight up for an 8' or 7.5' the moldboard only. I have an 8' meyers on my other plow truck and it barely makes it into some of my driveways. The plow is in good shape and has a custom highway blade(off town/city trucks). The receipts show it was bought in 2001. I would be willing to travel and do all the work switching blades. I am located in southwestern CT

If you are interested call me at (203)770-3426 or email me at hcr400ex@yahoo.com

2. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I got a sub who has a 7.5 meyer with pro wings. He wrecked his 2500 and bought a 3500 dually. The pro wings barely cover the wheel track. I know he would be more than willing to trade for the 9'. PM me for his phone number

3. ibelee

ibelee Senior Member

Moldboard Trade

I have 7.0, 7.5, and 8.0 Moldboards if you want to trade. All have been blasted down to bare metal, heat baked, painted, and stickered. Let me know if your interested.

4. hcr400ex

hcr400ex Junior Member

I will get back to both of you if something closer doesn't come up soon. I really don't want to travel that far, but if I have to I will.

5. hcr400ex

hcr400ex Junior Member

No one else is interested?

6. hcr400ex

hcr400ex Junior Member

I am still looking for a smaller blade. If anyone has a MD2 mount I would considering tradeing the the whole setup minus the undercarriage and wiring on the truck itself.

7. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Is it a Poly? I have a real nice 7.5 Poly Meyer I'd trade ya if you were interested in driving down here. Please send me some pics.

8. hcr400ex

hcr400ex Junior Member

I am still looking but it has to be an 8' blade. I found a 7.5 but it doesn't mount up the same and would be too small for my truck.

I started a new job and don't have as much free time as I used to so I can't really travel to switch blades. I am looking for someone within an hour of south western CT (Newtown, CT 06470).

I will get pictures up in a couples days if anyone is interested.

9. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

willing to trade

I have a 7.5 meyers blade that I will trade looking for and 8' or 9' poly blade in Ohio. Thanks Steve

10. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

I have a CP-8 poly board that I may be willing to trade. I'd need to see pics of yours, as I am sure you would need some of mine.

11. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

The whole blade w/A frame or just the moldboard?

12. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

Why do you ask?

13. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

B/C I may be interested. If you don't want to put it out there, send your messages off the board.

14. hcr400ex

hcr400ex Junior Member

Here are the pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

willing to trade

turfscape I will get some pics up tomorrow and then if your interested we can talk about a trade put up some pics.

16. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

I think I am going to stick with my 8'. I am paid by the hour and the extra weight of a 9' is that much more wear on my front end.