1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tractor with plow and blower setup.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CBTS, Mar 15, 2015.

1. CBTS

CBTS Junior Member

Looking to start using a tractor for snow removal. Set on a metal pless for the plow and a Normand for a blower. I will be using this setup on a 5.5 acre lot with its longest push being 400'. Would like some help choosing tractor size and plow size. Thinking either kubota 9960 with a 8-14 metal pless or a kubota m110 with a 10-16. What do you guys think for arces per hour on each setup. I live in buffalo NY so we get some heavy snows but I always plow with the storm. Any info would be greatly appreciated. This is my first post on this site so let me know if you need more info.

2. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Both will do good but i'd choose the 110 due to the extra weight for those heavy Storms and the ability to grow into other work

3. snoboss

snoboss Member

No replacement for displacement! For what your doing bigger is better.

4. CBTS

CBTS Junior Member

Thanks for the input that's the way I was leaning. What do you think would be acres per hour with the m110 with a 4" snowfall.

5. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

2-2.5

I have a m110gx with a 10-16 and have timed it

6. CBTS

CBTS Junior Member

Wow that's faster than I was thinking. Thanks for the help Tripple L.