1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tractor with 760SW

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Buddhaman, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Buddhaman

Buddhaman Senior Member

Looking for opinions on putting a Blizzard 760SW on a compact tractor. I would try to make a mount on the tractor and take the FEL off. It's 40hp. Wouldn't use headlights from plow. Would it have enough power to push a load of snow? Can the alternator handle it? I have filled tires and a box blade on back. Used mainly for tight areas and small runs. Already have trucks for larger areas. Opinions?
  2. salopez

salopez Senior Member

I think you would be fine so long as you keep up with a storm. I have used a 7.5 foot plow on my tractor and its only 30 hp.

additionally I would just plumb it up to the hydro on your tractor since you are taking the fell of. its only u/d/l/r same as your 4 way valve on the fel.

I would also consider making a rear wieght heavier then the box blade something closer to 800-1000 lbs. you really want to beef up the mass on the machine for plowing.
  3. Buddhaman

Buddhaman Senior Member

I would definately keep up with the storm. The box blade is 500 pounds and I have the tires loaded. If I need more weight I suppose I could put wheel weights on.
  4. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

I would say if it fills the niche, should work fine. I have a nice front blade for the JD in my sig, power angle, with down pressure, etc. I think it is a 6ft blade, and it does fine, but will run out of steam/traction on long heavy pushes. BTW, tires are filled with fluid, so has weight.
  5. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

i don't know how you could give him any advice without knowing what kind of tractor it is........hell i have a 30HP deisel zero turn mower,

is the tractor 4x4?
    what's it weigh?
    is it a hydro?

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

With an FEL. LOL
  7. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

what the hell is a FEL?
  8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Front End Loader.
  9. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

10. Buddhaman

Buddhaman Senior Member

Farmtrac 3140DTH
    Yes it is 4x4
    Weighs about 3500 pounds
    Yes it is a 3 speed hydro
  11. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

I should be just fine. The s.w. is only 6.5' angled and your tractor has plenty of power. Now I wouldn't want to plow a foot of snow but then again i wouldn't want to do that with my truck !!! We had a 28 hp. kubota with a 66'' bucket and it would push like a champ. It had filled ag. tires so that might have heped ,but a plow w/rolling snow should be easier to push. Anyways just my .02 Good Luck , Shaun