1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tractor w/ 12' Box

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by plowfever, Dec 16, 2013.

1. plowfever

plowfever Senior Member

Hey guys hope your plowing season is off to a great start! We have been slammed here in central Indiana so far. I had a question for you more experienced guys. I am in need of another machine for a customer that came on last minute as there contracted snow removal company never showed up. I have a 12' Avalanche pusher and since it is so late I don't have a backhoe rented for the year. I have checked all the rental yards and they all have there spoken for so I am scrambling around looking for something to run this box. What I have found so far is a New Holland tractor. It is 75hp with a loader and ag tires. My concern is it having enough power to push. The property is really cut up but has a few long pushes that would max out the capacity of the box. I am usually I site from about the 1" mark until the storm is over so I hardly ever have to plow more than maybe a couple inches off at a time. Do you guys think this tractor would do the job. The max distance I would be pushing is around 500-600 yards long the rest of the property is laid out where I am confident it could make it work. Thanks for any help you can give!

2. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

I would tell them to fill the tires with beet juice and run it. Your not going to push 700 yrds with it any ways, your pusher will be so full its pointless to try to go a full length. If the tractor has a hard time just take 50yrd bites.

3. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I have a 86hp Ford 4WD pushing a 11' box My plow is mounted to the tractor

Not sure the loader will handle the 12 pusher could be hard on it

What size is that 75hp the model

4. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

Ya, any pics of your mount for the 11 pusher on the tractor?

5. Antlerart06

No but can take some tomorrow

6. aslc

aslc Junior Member
    from iowa

I ha a 70hp kubota that has loaded tires, 3 sets of rear weights and a 10' ld arctic on the front.
    in heavy snows its not a big enough of a tractor and you can not turn.
    3rd year on tractor, next one will be around 120hp
    tractor runs over the scale alittle over 12000
    Box is loader mounted

7. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan Senior Member

I have a 12' box on a CAT 416C Backhoe, which is around the same power. Just take smaller bites in heavy snow. 2-3 inches are no problem.

8. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

A 75 Hp farm tractor is built nothing like a how.. I wouldn't try running a 12ft... A 10 would work.

9. Antlerart06

Here is few picks of it

This was hand made to fit this tractor Fits like a glove

SANY0394.JPG

SANY0395.JPG

SANY0396.JPG

SANY0397.JPG

10. aslc

aslc Junior Member
    from iowa

A backhoe is not a 75hp ag tractor
    Backhoe weights way more.
    Its not hp that pushes snow, its traction

11. navyman

navyman Member

exactly..... use it as you can.

12. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

I push a 12'ld arctic with a John deere 6310 with no problems. I also have a boss bx12 on a John deere 7520 and it pushes it great. Granted, the 6310 is 99hp and the 7520 is 150 hp. I would think for most times, you will be fine.