1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tractor using a Pronovost blower take 2

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Neige, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Neige

Neige Sponsor

2. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Nice man, in those 4 minutes im sure you made some decent money, looks pretty efficient!

3. paponte

paponte Senior Member

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Do you leave the pto running all the time or do you drag then engage sometimes? Just thinking it must be hard on it turning it on and off? I remember your first vid Paul, you've come along way.:drinkup:

5. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Its on all the time, unless when we drag beside a house. Over all the years, I think once we had an issue with a PTO. On a regular shift we turn the PTO on and off at least several hundred times. Thanks, I hope to show some more vids from inside to give a feel what its like from the inside out.:drinkup:

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

So do you tell the guys to idle the tractors when engaging or will they handle it revved up.

7. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

I have it on full rev, then ingage the pto. I don't think it hurts anythang? lol :cool:

Neige: Since when was "Blue" the new color? hahaha

Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
  8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

My dad always brought me up to idle everything when engaging but I just want to know what others do.

9. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

Do you just not do the few feet infront of the door, or do you have walkway shovelers?

10. Neige

Neige Sponsor

They engage rev ed up, driver knows his machine, and with the type of snow, chooses wisely. If to low, and with wet snow you block your chute. Trust me block your chute a few times, and you wont make that error any more. To high, with packed snow, and you break your safety bolt. If your dealing with dry snow no problems.

11. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Good to know thanks.:drinkup:

12. just plow it

just plow it Senior Member

You must have a pretty good sized sheer pin in there, I used to blow snow with a blower like that and would always sheer the pin if I would turn it on like you do, Mine would have to be at idle. Nice vid.

13. jayman3

jayman3 Senior Member

Cre it is a Quebec thing you wouldn't understand.LOLtymusic

14. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Its not, I am still running 2 orange to one blue.

Thats right Jeff, we leave two feet in front of garages and cars. No shoveling, our clients are used to it.

15. Neige

Neige Sponsor

LMAO thats a good one Jay. Very few will get though.:drinkup:

16. jayman3

jayman3 Senior Member

Ya I now I knew you would he will too... LOL ..
    Man that is fast the company here has 10 of the new holland tractors they are a bit bigger though the blowers are red.xysport

17. Neige

Neige Sponsor

We used to have that problem more often. We went to a higher grade bolt. These days the PTO on most tractors engage less harsh, not so much an issue any more. :drinkup:

18. RAZOR

RAZOR Senior Member

Paul

Do you run back blades on any of your blowers?

19. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

OK OK I guess i will be the first to say it in this thread

I could do it faster with the bucket on the loader :rolleyes:

Another good vid Neige:drinkup:

20. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Great vid. How many driveways does each machine do a night. Im sure they are high production machines although im sure it would get old in hour #7 back and forth back and forth