1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tractor trailer snow removal tool!!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by LopatLT7495, Jan 15, 2014.

1. LopatLT7495

LopatLT7495 Member

Saw this today while I was at a truck stop for a service call. Thought I would share some pics with everyone. Has anyone ever seen one of these before or something similar? It seems like a very simple yet effective tool. Sorry for the sideways pic, I tried to flip it up right like 10 times and it just didn't work. I have a few more pics i will post as soon as I figure out how to flip them.

image.jpg

2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I've seen similar contraptions. I hate hate hate snow flying off trucks.

3. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Pretty cool idea.

Where do you put the quarters ?:p

4. LopatLT7495

LopatLT7495 Member

I thought it was a cool idea, it's hard to see in this pic but the plow is actually angled probably close to 30 degrees and the snow goes down the shoot on the left and piles up. Whoever thought of this is making some money!

5. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

ups and the bus company's around here have them but they are big blowers

6. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

Fleets like UPS have them around too. Insurance companies are frowning on them at the truck stops because it opens the truck stop to liability if the driver doesn't do a good job of it and causes a accident. And those translucent roof panels get awful brittle on a 40 year trailer. I always thought a snow melter setup with flooding nozzles would do a better job and you wouldn't have to cleanup snow after every third trailer

7. Hysert

Hysert PlowSite.com Addict

Just saw one yesterday at the johndeere warehouse here in grimsby... neat idea...

8. Stars & Stripes Landscaping

Stars & Stripes Landscaping Junior Member

UPS has them, they suck. We have to stick a truck at them and after ever trailer goes through you have to clean it out or the truck gets stuck.

9. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Looks like a good idea. Hate when the snow flies off the top.

10. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

11. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

They are trying to pass a law about the snow and ice coming off the top of trailers but they have no safe way to remove it so that is one of the solutions.

12. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

family relative years ago is lucky to be alive .

thanks to laminated glass winshields it poped in the cab of the truck but kept the ice from killing him and his family . highway speed sheet of ice come off the trailer down in to the cab of his old dodge crew cab .

should be mandatory at all truck stops or service depos if you ask me .

I even brush off my personal daily drivers roofs .