1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tractor trailer plow & sander

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Banksy, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Talk about dropping some coin.payup

3. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I like the sand trailer. I think that would work good becouse you wouldn't have to fill it up alot.

4. keitha

keitha Senior Member

That one was already on here.
    It says they use a v box pinned to the fith wheel.

5. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

Link is also posted in the municipal pics section or wait "DOT/CITY/COUNTY/TOWN Rig Pics. Or Plow Chaser's thread, you always have great pics, Ryan!

6. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

It was posted within the last 24 hours on a diesel site by a guy who actually worked on it. I thought it was new. Sorry for the double post. I feel terrible now.

7. ATV Plow King

ATV Plow King Senior Member

Dont feel terrible because some people haven't seen it before like me. Thanks for posting that thing ids sweet.

-Bill

8. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

LOL, I don't. I was being silly.

9. ATV Plow King

ATV Plow King Senior Member

Lol like 5 min i posted that i was thinking about it and i was like theres no ways hes serious.

-Bill

10. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Sure would suck if there was a jam "somewhere" in the spreader hopper =] or if it froze!

11. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

The trailer is a live floor ("walking floor") trailer. It is to haul material and unload w/o dumping, just comes out the back on a "conveyor belt". It is similar to a manure spreaders sort of. The sander isn't shown. Looks like a conventional highway plow with the sander. N.Y. State DOT runs Internationals & Mack Granites that are similar. DOT Plattsburgh has an International tandem that they run a spreader in the winter on the truck. In the summer it runs a lowboy equipment trailer. Weird to see a road tractor hauling a trailer with the wing and plow mounts sticking up.

12. snowman4

snowman4 Senior Member

Yea I was going to say that trailer isn't hitched when they're plowing!

13. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Many companies..

You will see allot of tractors plowing for Mass Highway with either a weight block on the hitch or a spreader pinned on..
    A company I used to contract for (Larusso Corp,Plainville Ma) had several,They used their live floor either floboy or red river bodies for spreading material with their triaxles..They made up spinner assemblies to bolt on for the winter season.

14. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Buts its a Western Star :( :dizzy:

15. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

Best truck on the road today.