1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tractor Snowblowers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by adksnowo, Nov 17, 2008.

1. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

2. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

If you have a tractor with at least 85hp + , and the pronovost would be the machine to buy.
    But good luck getting them now, their all sold out until next year! :cry: I just inquired for one today at my dealers.
  3. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Go with a Pronovst they are well built machines. Hey Creative, what are you looking for exactly, maybe I can help.
  4. jkitterman

jkitterman Senior Member

With that tractor, you may be underpowered for that size. The RAD puts you at or below the min PTO hp according to tractor specs I found on the net. You are at the low end with the Pronovost-Puma. For tractor snow blowers, it is generally recommended to stay near the top of the recommendations. If you have a Pronovost dealer near you, I would suggest you consult with them for sizing. Your snow conditions will have a lot to do with it
  5. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

The Puma 72" lists recommended HP as 18-25 pto hp. My Kubota is rated @ 36 engine hp +/-. I think that would cover it. It does depend on the snow as well, not necessarily looking for something to throw snow 75' or something.
  6. Woodland

Woodland Senior Member

I just picked up a Provonost Lynx model for my L3400. Haven't had a chance to use it yet, but it looks like a solid piece of equipment.
  7. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

I have a pronovost PXPL 98 on order, should be here in early December. After two years of looking at all brands, nothing seemed as well constructed as the Pronovost brand.