1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tractor snowblower

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dylan, Feb 8, 2004.

1. dylan

dylan PlowSite.com Veteran

I know you guys like your trucks, but I thought I'd post some pics of my tractor and inverse blower that I use for residentials.
    It has polyurethane on all cutting edges and a rear drag that I can set down within 1-2" of a garage door.

tcsmall.jpg

2. 2004F550

2004F550 Senior Member

Nice set-up, that looks like it would be really producitve for driveways.:nod:
    John

3. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Pretty Kool man !!

4. Toby

Toby Senior Member
    from NY

Very Nice.

How far does it Blow The Snow? May be Too Powerful for our city drives with houses in Very Close Proximity.

You transport it in a storm or Drive it to accounts?

5. dylan

Thanks guys.

It will blow snow clear across the lot you see it in. Over 50'. It will also blow snow right next to the tractor. I modified the chute so it would do this. I work in a lot of really tight areas and must direct the snow into certain areas.
    I drive it all over my city. Most of my houses are very close together. EG. 20 houses on one street. All right next to each other. Of course at 15 mph you don't want to go far!

004mini.jpg

6. DeereGuy

DeereGuy Senior Member

Dylan,
    Just wondering the PTO HP on your tractor and the width of the blower you have.

7. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

That's nice,son wants one to play with.
    I see more cool toys on this site. When it said tractor snowblower
    I pictured a garden tractor, not a big dog.

8. Toby

Toby Senior Member
    from NY

Is there a cab operated Spout & Chute controller?

That Blower on a Skid Steer or AWS Loader Would Eat Driveways.

9. dylan

All things considered this is still a small tractor but much bigger than your average lawn tractor. Some of the guys around here are running 100 hp and 8' blowers.

I have 33 hp (27hp at the pto) and a 72" (6') blower. It is about all this tractor can handle. It will move 24" of snow but you have to go slower. (hydro tranny so I can creep along) I never let my drives get deeper than 4-6" anyway so it is not a problem. The majority of our snowfalls are 2-3" and it just flies through those in high range.

The tractor is equiped with dual hydraulic remotes. One runs the up and down of the blower chute and the other runs the side to side. Those are those small black lines going to the blower. No time to go outside and crank it by hand.

10. dylan

hydraulic lines from rear remotes to chute

005mini.jpg

11. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I plowed so with a Farmal Cub as a kid, this one's near that size.
    With the bucket on front it's even more useful for snow removal and salt loading.

12. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

that is a nice rig good for big drifts and loading salt or sand into trucks