1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tractor snow containment box

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Grassman09, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Anyone have pictures of a containment box they use on a tractor to pull snow with? Not looking for anything fancy. Simple 3 sides 8' wide not sure how tall to make it.

What thinness should the material be and what do you use for a cutting edge. I don't want to use rubber I know that.

2. GMC Driver

GMC Driver Senior Member

Here's a 12' one we just picked up used - he has a new 10' available, decent price too.

Box Scraper 1.jpg

Box Scraper 2.jpg

Box Scraper 3.jpg

Box Scraper 4.jpg
  3. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

Not going with the blower any more?

Was hooking the lines back up under pressure the deciding factor?
  4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Isn't that what you used to grade your pulling track.:D
  5. GMC Driver

GMC Driver Senior Member

LOL - used to. Now Tim built a proper leveller, works really well.

These still work well for us - had to get one for a sub, and he's got a green tractor, so this box will match nicely. Just needs a bit of paint to refresh it.

Otherwise, we're using protechs on the fronts of some other stuff. I've got one HLA 10' blade that goes on the 450CT, and that works well. Just thinking about some containment options with that one - it's a trip edge, so it shouldn't be too difficult to fab something simple up.
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
  6. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

LOL yea kinda. I still would like a blower for it. Holy hell are those a bugger to work with. I tried what you said and it helped a lil. I've heard there are quick connects that will release the pressure? I also do not like how the fluid oozes out when unhooking / re connection.

Is that Bergs that has one?
  7. GMC Driver

GMC Driver Senior Member

Not Berg's - private deal around the Hammer.