1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tractor plow(s) project

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 06HD BOSS, Feb 7, 2006.

1. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Hey guys about 2 weeks ago my girlfriends father and i started 2 projects for his JohnDeere tractor. He wanted to buy a 6ft snowbox to rig up to the rear of his tractor to make it easier doing infront of garage doors and what-not but after shopping around...why pay $2500+ for the box then another $X to hook it up to a 3point hitch. We picked up 2 old fisher plows for $70 and went from there. The rear plow was cut down from a 7'6" to a 6' and built into a "pull-box" and we welded on some sides and a 3point hitch. The front is still under construction but will be finished within the next few days. For the front, we took the loader frame off and fabbed up a sub frame with supports and a frame for the plow ears to lock into (not on the tractor yet, its the primer colored thing in the pics, which will bolt onto the underneath center of the frame work we built on the frontend) All thats left is to get everything bolted up and throw on the piston/hoses. These pics hardly make sense im sure, but when we get it finished up youll definitely see the finished product. Wish you saw these rust bucket plows before we started LOL
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 06HD BOSS

Front set-up
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. 06HD BOSS

4. killed300ex

killed300ex Senior Member

Whats going on with the hydraulic on the 3 pt hitch is that factory? I have never seen a hydraulic like that before. It looks really good though should move lots of snow
    Evan

5. ICindrich

ICindrich Senior Member

Very nice, I'm looking to do something similar for my father's new holland. Were are you getting the hydrolic power for the front plow? Mines a four way, boom up and down, and then dump the bucket (or tilt the forks).
    We've got a grader blade for the back that I'm thinking of making some kinda removable sides for.

Any way, looking good

Ivan

6. ICindrich

ICindrich Senior Member

I think I may have answered my own question, did you take your front boom off and use those hydrolics?

7. 06HD BOSS

killed300ex- Besides the main hydraulic from the factory, there is a couple add-ons (put on for the harley rake) That thing can do anything you want...up & down, angle left & right, it can pull in the top or push it away depended on angle you want and up to 45degree angling bringing the left side up and right side down or vise-versa. Like i said thats all for the harley rake, not intended for the plow.

8. 06HD BOSS

Yes. Simply plug and play...soooooo easy!:nod:

9. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Yes give a guy idea +metal +welder= Kick a$$ rig
    Looks great nice work:salute:

10. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

It is called Top and Tilt, or various other names.

It' basically 3 rams that replace the 3pt hitch arms. They can run off power behond, or any other form of hydraulics. It allows you to adjust your top links, etc... with the push of a button.

11. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

We have had good luck by taking an old plow, removing the headgear and mounting a quicktach plate to the a frame. Remove the pump and put quick disconnects on the hoses and use your remotes

Then you just hook it up the loader. You can also use the curl on the loader depending on how it's setup.

12. ICindrich

ICindrich Senior Member

Crazy Mike,
    How do you get the tilt of the plow right if you put the hoses to the angle pistons? Wouldn't the backer plate board just flop around with no juice to it? This is the question that has been driving me nuts!

Ivan

13. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:d