1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tractor order - Tire Selection Question

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by rlong97150, Feb 7, 2011.

1. rlong97150

rlong97150 Junior Member

I am ordering a 2011 Case IH Farmall 95C. Its their new offering for the loaded cab model. I have the ability to order it with the Nokian TRI 2 tires rather than the standard Ag or R4 tires. This tractor is mainly going to be used for snow removal and loader work around my farm house. I have searched the threads and see that its a superior snow and road tire and I just want to ensure its going to be an adequate tire choice for loader, mowing, and assorted yard work. How do they wear, work as a loader tire, etc? The upcharge is less than 500 bucks so price wise its a no brainer. I just want to ensure they perform well outside of snow removal (everything but tillage work).

I will be putting an 8 foot Horst SnowWing on the loader frame for the first season and then see if I need to move to a subframe mount.

Thanks

Bob

2. SD-Dave

SD-Dave Senior Member
    from Vermont

I own a set on my Deere 5525 tractor.....they are awesome!!!

Great in snow, super road tire, wear great, super load capacity, great for everything but tillage work.

I had to swap my tires out at dealer level and cost me $$$$.

Do it you won't be disappointed

R1's stink unless you till fields....these do it all and maintain ride height unlike industrials

3. RAZOR

RAZOR Senior Member

I just got a new Kubota L5740 my dealer wanted around $1000 extra for Nokians. He says most of the guys who use their tractors for snow or getting them. I hear they also work well on turf so you don't have to switch tires in the summer. For $500 I would try them.

4. SD-Dave

SD-Dave Senior Member
    from Vermont

I do heavy field mowing with them....there great, loader work, grading etc. They plow snow with superior traction to any R1 or R4

5. rlong97150

rlong97150 Junior Member

Thanks guys.

Dave, I had seen pictures of your 5525 and was really surprised when I saw them listed on the order sheet for this tractor. I thought I was going to have to swap after the fact and knew they would be expensive. The Nokians are actually a cheaper upcharge than the deep lug R-1's I was going to add so I will definitely go with them.

For my snow removal, I drive to all my customers so having a nice road tire will be a bonus. I probably go 10-15 miles just back and forth to town.I cant wait for next years snow season. This year I handled it with my pickup truck plow and my 45hp cab tractor as a backup. I have really missed the unobstructed view of the tractor but the speed of the smaller tractor was just a hindrance.

Thanks

Bob