1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tractor Light/Amber Set-Up Kit

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by LandscapeEscape77, Dec 10, 2003.

1. LandscapeEscape77

LandscapeEscape77 COPPA Member

Ive been wondering for awhile adn figured somoens got to know here.

Ive for a Cub Cadet which I will soon use to push a little snow. There are no headlights on it. I was wondering if anyone knew where to find a pair i can wire though the battery for nite use.

Also, I havent been able to find any amber lights that dont need to be plugged into a cig lighter-which I dont have on my tractor. Any that wire into a battery.

thanks so much!!!
  2. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Problem with putting lights on something that has not had them before means what ever is charging the battery ( probably small alternator ) probably will not be able to handle the demand. Also the stater will have to be upgraded to handle the larger power demand as well.

I have seen on e-bay decent lights that will work on tractors, but the power demand has always given me trouble. I have hooked them directly to the battery and the battery ends up dieing ..

I don;t know what to do either :dizzy: :dizzy:
  3. KentuckyPlow

KentuckyPlow Member

For the amber light, I would use a small strobe that can be picked up at most parts stores. The don't use too much power, but put out great amounts of light. You can either install an accesory outlet to plug it into or cut the end off to wire it to the battery.