1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tractor - FEL mounted Blade or Under Carriage

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Geofft, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Geofft

Geofft Junior Member

Hey all,

So I have just acquired a Case Puma 145 Hp tractor with L765 Arms from a local dealer. I have locked down some additional work for the machine and will be bidding on larger lots for next season. To increase productivity I am looking to purchase a Horst SnowWing 12ft + 4ftwing.

The question - will my loader arms be sufficient to handle the stress induced by the snow plow? Should I also purchase the Horst undercarriage? How high will the undercarriage lift the plow?

Depending on the contracts next season I will also be purchasing a 3pt snow blower. My assumption is the SnowWing+Undercarriage+Snowblower is the best combo?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Happy New Year!

2. NickSnow&Mow

NickSnow&Mow Senior Member

From what ive heard the under mount is the way to go. The loaders are known to bend with snow wings.