1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tractor blowing drives

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Neige, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Neige

Neige Sponsor

The long awaited video. I know the quality sucks, so am still working on it. You guys have been bugging me for so long to see it, so here goes. Trust me a better version will come soon. Just wanted to show you how well it works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-4wRhPUhws

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Looks like someone was too lazy to get his butt out of the truck for closeups.

Nice start though Paul. Someday I'm going to set one up like that and start on resi's again. I'll give you a call when I do.

3. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Why does You Tube keep telling me the video is no longer available when I go there? What am I doing wrong?

4. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

The link is working fine here.

Nice video Paul :drinkup:

5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

You pissed someone off at Youtube. xysport

6. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

I just tried it again-and it worked fine. Good stuff Paul.

7. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

That's impressive as always. For someone who has such a massive operation you sure have a crappy camera :jester:

Any reason why you don't have strobes or something similar?

8. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

they are neat.
    the house across the street from me has someone blow his drive with a john deere about the size as the one in the vid.
    i cant plow it its stones and might rip it up so i guess i dont ever get that drive.:rolleyes:

in a trucks defense i still thinking plowing is quicker but doesnt do as good a job because the blower doesnt run out of room as easy has you do plowing.

9. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

How does it blow going forward, I always thought you had to be reversing?

10. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

That's a pull-type blower. Don't worry, until I started coming on here I had never seen one before either :p

11. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Well, it gave us an idea how you did it but I know you'll have much better vids to come:drinkup:

12. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Please do, I would love to return the favor.
    Thanks
    They drive the resi clients crazy, so we don't use them.
    As you can see it was day time, usually takes a little longer because of traffic and people are watching where you are blowing your snow. But the video was in real time, and I think he did 5 drives in 5 minutes, not truck will ever do that. I am not putting down trucks, I'm just saying if your drives are close together, there is no better machine.
    You bet, but we may need it to snow first. I got my Internet guy looking at it tonight. Could have something interesting by tomorrow.:drinkup:

13. jayman3

jayman3 Senior Member

I like your vids also,we have a company that started out here about two years ago called techni snow they are really hurting the resi's around here,anybody that has a plow truck has there work cut out to get teh job,they do work cheap they star at 199 for the season.

14. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

Well , I think the vid is great. :D
    Just might use it as a training vid xysport
    Jay , like Paul said "5 in 5 mins", :gunsfiring: get a tractor and go hard in a small area and charge more for a premium individualized service and kick techni butt, but what do I know :p Get yr truck back ?

15. Neige

Neige Sponsor

You sure its not Tonys snow blowing. That sucks when guys have to low ball.

16. jayman3

jayman3 Senior Member

No it isn't Tony's LOL just a local guy,I know onw thing he pays all his drivers cash:gunsfiring:,this isn't good,oh well I see lots of it here companies start up thing they will make it big and then 3-4 years they go tits up.
    No Black haven't got er back yet just brought it in yesturday.You still busy on quotes.

17. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

Stupid busy :D

18. jayman3

jayman3 Senior Member

That's good are you going to have to buy another tractor to keep up with th ecalls for resi's lol