1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tracto snow plowing questions

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MowJo, Dec 7, 2000.

1. MowJo

MowJo Junior Member

What would be the best setup for plowing snow with a Ford-3000 tractor. its been 4 years since we've had a plowable snow, so its something i seldom need to do. it has a 6' boxblade and a 4'front bucket. Do i need a different blade or can i bolt extensions on the bucket (for more width), or just find a wider bucket?

the jobs i'll be doing are small commercial lots, how should I charge?
  2. diggerman

diggerman Senior Member
    from Ames

If you have not had a plowable snow in four years i would do nothing to the tractor but use it like it is.If you were to get anything maybe a set of chains,ford 3000's are fairly helpless with out weight and chains.

As for billing,might be kind of hard to get a monthly so a per time or a health hourly rate would work.
  3. iowastorm

iowastorm Senior Member

Ditto on the Digger thing . . .
  4. MowJo

MowJo Junior Member

digger, thanks for the advice. snow work in southwestern ky appears to be a cyclical thing, its been awhile and i fear were due.

In the past i've charged per push, guess i'll stick with it.