1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Traction Tips

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Tom McDunnah, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Tom McDunnah

Tom McDunnah Junior Member
    from Maine

2. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Nice car and all but it's the 1/4 mile where the men are seperated from the boyz :nod: just kidding....:blush2:

3. deckboys

deckboys Senior Member

damn nice car... my buddy has got a camaro 9 second 6 speed (in the 1/4) street car.

4. Tom McDunnah

from Maine

Thanks guys

Your right,they make the 1/4 mile for guys that can't get it done in the first half of the track :nod: j/k

I prefer the 1/8 mile myself,its cheaper and less expensive and easier on the parts and pocketbook ;)

5. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

is a big fan of the 1/4 mile. Spent many a day from morning breakfast on watching the locals over at new england dragway. :)
    I like the local scene where the work on the car is done in the driveway or the garage next to the minivan. :)
    Not too much the nationals.

for people that dont understand drag racing and think its only ten seconds (this is boring. etc.etc.):: Every time you see a car hook up and head down its 1/8 or 1/4 mile realize the work behind it and that your watching a science competition in physics. :salute:

6. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

1/8 mile racing is made for junior dragsters and guys who cant keep it together for a 1/4 mile:cool: at least go to a 1000':p

7. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

That WAS an 1/8mi pass

8. VBR

VBR Member

Really made sure it is purged huh? lol. How much of a shot are you using. Im trying to get 8.70's (1/4) with a 250 shot. Looks like your a bit faster though!

9. Tom McDunnah

from Maine

Yes the bottle pressure was up and needed it purged down a bit.

I had 2 stages aprox. 200 hp each and it was all in before the 60 foot mark

it has a bit more left in the tune up,this was the second pass on this new car set up,It will run quicker :D

And yes that was an 1/8 mile pass,peddled it a few times tho:nod:

10. jeremy85

jeremy85 Member
    from nh

hey bribrius
    ever see me at the dragway
    i race the weird lookin dual sport bike
    its a cagiva, if anyones wondering
    [​IMG]
    i don't mean to highjack your thread

11. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

i like the car tho tom...seems like a lot to handle.... you have a 1/4 mile track near you or just 1/8 mile?

12. Tom McDunnah

from Maine

Thanks iceyman,This thing is definatly not for kids. :jester:

Closest 1/4 mile for me would be New England Dragway NH about 4 1/2 -5 south for me

1/8 mile track about 80 miles south at Winterport,thats where the video was taken

13. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

would studded tires and some ballast help?

looks like you could use timbrens too. :jester:

14. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

Sweet Ride! I just don't know about all the bickering about "the 1/8th is better", "the 1/4's better"! You know what?? All drag racing rocks!! The best line I've ever heard is "REAL RACERS DRIVE STRIAGHT TO THE FINISH LINE, THEY DON'T DRIVE AROUND ALL SUNDAY LOOKING FOR IT!!"

15. Tom McDunnah

from Maine

LOL studded tires might help for icey conditions,but I could afford to lose a little weight,hahahaha

Naa I got adjustable shocks,just give her a click or 2 and it'll be fine :jester:

16. Tom McDunnah

from Maine

Thanks Brother.

Hahaha LOL True ussmileyflag

17. Scotty 2

Scotty 2 Junior Member

Plow site or race site hmmmmmm

18. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

Its a blast even at 85 mph its feels way fast and its lots of fun lol

[​IMG]

19. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

theres a plow frame on my truck in that picture so this threads relevent to plow site now :yow!:

20. Scotty 2

Scotty 2 Junior Member