1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Traction Control Test

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by KL&M Snow Div., Nov 27, 2009.

1. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

2. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

At the end they said how the Nissan Titan performed the worst despite having electronic locking rear differential. My friend has a Titan so I'm familiar with it and I have to say these "testing personnel" are quite ignorant. A locking differential is open until you select it to be locked. Its not an automatic locker! They said the only way the Titan would overcome the obstacle was in 4wd. Well, if they had simply pushed the button to engage the differential lock, it would have actually walked right up the obstacle without question better than the other vehicles simply for the locking differential. I didn't like the Titan much until I have rode with Brian in the Titan many times when it was loaded very heavy for a half ton rated truck and I have become very impressed with it, it works like a good 3/4 ton not the half ton it is. Its been upgraded with air bags to help out the suspension, and with that one modification actually easily keeps up with 3/4 tons in towing and load hauling.

Sorry i will get off the soap box but thought I would point out this major flaw in the test that i noticed right away.
  3. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

Along with what BushHogBoy stated about the Titans locker, why would the GMs struggle getting up if their automatic locker was engaging. If it engaged then the truck would crawl right up the hill. These guys are morons. They're basically saying that traction control is better than a locker. Give me a break.
  4. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

I can't stand traction control. My mother used to have a honda ridgeline and my friend and I would take it out and see if we could get it stuck/how high we could drive it up a snow pile and I couldn't even get the wheels to spin in it. I would put it to the floor on gravel and the engine would just cut out.
  5. Squires

Squires Senior Member

I hadn't heard of pickup truck .com prior to this, or atleast never noticed it before, anywho, after looking at a couple of their youtube videos i was laughing my ass off at their dumb ass comments:laughing:, i can't figure how they ever came to be in the positions they are in.
    I wonder if i could get all the manufacturers to give me a truck to "test" against the competition for them.

this video is worth the cash, checkout the heavily modified "offroad ready" tundra....... :laughing:
  6. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

Thats funny. :laughing: BFG ATs, TRD wheels, and Bilstein shocks = "This truck is ready to go offroading right from the show room floor."