1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

trackless mt3 or 4

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by parrothead, Sep 16, 2004.

1. parrothead

parrothead Senior Member

has anyone ever used these machines, are they anygood for doing small parking lots or just for sidewalks
  2. lars

lars Junior Member

The city I live in owns one. They use it with a boom mower in the summer and with a snowblower in the winter. The machine looks pretty neat but I don't think it is worth buying. I think most people should stay away from these sort of things for a couple of reasons. If you're buying new, a skid steer with a snow blade will probably work just as well and will cost you a whole lot less. Also, you will most likely have more uses for a skid steer both during the snow season and off season. Finally, when it comes time to sell your machine, it will be a whole lot easer to sell a skid steer than a specialty peice. Once those muni pieces have run out their useful life they are usually worth nothing. I think my city should have bought a skid steer or something similar and I think you should go that route too.

CRSHOT Junior Member

hey guys I need some help! The MT 3 I bought ran well when I bought it, But after changing fuel filters and bleeding them out we cant seem to get enough fuel , We replaced the filters with a Napa filter and we are tending to think that the filter is not compatible.(it fits , but is very dificult to get it sealed properly) We threw the old filters out does any one know what filter I should use on it?
  4. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

We all told you not to buy that thing!!!!!

Just kidding. Why can't you get a filter that was designed for it?

CRSHOT Junior Member

I have a email sent to trackless , waiting for a response....The original filters we threw out (i know smart move) We didn't know we had a problem right away as I was busy rewiring the machine and we were doing some fabrication on the blower. Btw I also bought a Honda Foreman and installed a v plow and salt spreader , The trackless is for those storms 8" plus on the sidewalks , and hopefully to blow those big piles at our dead-end streets instead of using a backhoe.
  6. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

The MT3 -4 are really old, MT5's are questionable now, at least a MT5T, yes with a 9.5 modified Fisher EZ-V they can plow lots, we've done it, but poor visibility backing up, takes a lot of operator experience to get onto an articulated machine. With 90+ PTO HP they can run a big blower.

I think the old MT3 had a ford industrial diesel engine.