1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tracking problem??

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Mainer, Jan 12, 2005.

1. Mainer

Mainer Junior Member
    from Maine

Got a nother question for ya. :waving: 87 chevy 4X4
    auto with 7-6in plow. On a new snow the truck feels like it is swaying back n forth. when the road is clean never have a problem. onley when there is fresh snow 4 inches or better.
    Could it be my tire size?? 30/1050/15's
    Thanks guys
    James

2. JMR

JMR Senior Member

First I would check all steering and suspension for loose or worn components and replace as necessary. Second I would get rid of the 10.5's for plowing and get some tall narrow aggressive snow tires. If you don't you will probably have to learn to live with the problem.

3. plowed

plowed Senior Member

I had the same problem with a Toyota years ago. I had it lifted with 33X10.5X15. I was driving in the snow one day, only a few inches, but the next thing I new, the truck was heading to the other side of the road. Thankfully no cars were coming at me, but I did end up off the road. I was able to get out, but the tires were wide enough to ride the snow, instead of narrower and cutting through the snow.

It can be very dangerous, so be careful.