1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tracking contractor hours in quickbooks

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by birddseedd, Jan 4, 2013.

1. birddseedd

birddseedd PlowSite Veteran

I have a few contractors with me this year. one of which gets paid differently depending on different work.

how do you keep track of what you own them. quickbooks 2k12

2. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

Don't they send you a bill?

3. birddseedd

birddseedd PlowSite Veteran

They send me a reccord of what they do. I suppose i could just add them as a vendor. But is there a simpler way?

4. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

If they are a subcontractor or contractor you hire they should send a bill along with that record. Not your job to track their time, sure monitor it of course. If you don't use quick books, I encorage you to do so or use another like bookkeeping program. Enter their bills as they come in, automatic tracking of what you owe.

5. underESTIMATED

underESTIMATED Senior Member

Did you even read the title of the thread?

6. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

Since I (in your opinion) am off base, what is your response to the op's question?

7. underESTIMATED

underESTIMATED Senior Member

Post their invoice into the program (Quickbooks) and pay accordingly.

birddseedd mentioned in this title, that he's seeking a way to keep track of the sub within Quickbooks.

8. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

. I read the title post as a question. I also suggested quick books the same as you are now suggesting. You obviously did not read my reply thoroughly. There are times we all, myself included, need to thoroughly digest a post before jumping in with a response. This is my last post on this matter.